The flowers are in full bloom outside and they’ve been inspiring me to create something to reflect their beauty. This is part floral inspired and part 60’s flower child rolled into one look.
How to create your own Flower Child makeup look:
- Apply a white base to your lids and brow bone, then add a shimmery white e/s to your brow bone.
- Add a pink shimmery shadow to your inner 1/3 and outer 1/3 of your lids (leaving out the center) and add some pink to your crease.
- Apply a yellow pigment to the center of your lids and blend into the pink.
- Apply a pale green base below your lower lash line.
- On top of the green base, add a shimmery bright green pigment and extend out. Finish by lining your lower lash line with a bright green liner pencil.
- Pat a gold glitter on top of the yellow on your lids, then add some bright green glitter softly to the green on your lower lid.
- Line your upper lash line with black liquid liner and add some spiky lashes, then top off your top and bottom lashes with mascara.
- Contour your cheeks, add pink blush and apply a glowy highlighter to your cheeks.
- Line your lips with hot pink liner and then add a blush pink to your lips.
- Add some white lipstick/cream to the center of your lower lip and pat with finger to blend in and soften. C’est fini!
Paul & Joe Beaute Moisturizing Foundation Primer L
PIXI H2O Skin Tint in Cream
Too Faced No Makeup Makeup Palette: Bronzer, Cream Blush, Powder Blush, Highlight, Concealer
Flower Beauty Highlighter Chubby in Honey Bronze (used for contouring)
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (for extra highlight and shimmer)
IT Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil
Wet n Wild Corrector Palette (used White as base for lid, used Green for lower lid)
COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Fired-Up Pink
NYX Cosmetics Roll on Eye Shimmer in Pink (added on top of the pink for extra sparkle)
MAC Chrome Yellow Pigment
Shany Cosmetics Bright Green Pigment
MAC 3D Gold Glitter
MAC Chartreuse Glitter
Hard Candy Take Me Out Liner in Kryptonite
Marcelle ‘Black’ Liquid Eyeliner Pen
Make Up For Ever Smoky Stretch Mascara
Paul & Joe Beaute Lip Pencil Duo in 04 (used hot pink)
Stila Convertible Lip Colour in Petunia
Inglot Freedom System White Lipstick
I apologize for the lack of consistent weekly FOTD posts. Living in my now very cramped apartment and eagerly waiting to move everything over to our new house has really affected my mood and drive to put together looks every weekend. I can’t wait to have my own beauty room to take pictures in and get that creativity flowing again for you guys! Anyways, I just wanted to point that out in case any of you guys were wondering 🙂
What do you think of my Flower Child FOTD? What colours/products would you use to put together your own flower child look? Share yours below!