You really can’t do Halloween right without watching some Tim Burton flicks! One of the Halloween looks that’s been on my “To Do” list for years has been The Corpse Bride! So here is the second look of my Halloween makeup tutorial series 🙂
I got a little creative in putting this look together. The blue face paint wasn’t working too well, so I had to improvise on that. I had to figure out how to get that right shade of blue and that’s when I stumbled upon my Lime Crime lipstick in Cry Baby! It was a tad darker blue than the character so I added some white face paint on top to lighten it up and the result was just what I wanted. Just make sure you have a good makeup remover to use afterwards because, man, was it hard to get rid of all of that blue! 😛
How to Recreate The Corpse Bride Halloween Makeup Look:
- Start by applying blue face paint (or blue lipstick if you have it) all over. Optional: Pat some white cream on top to lighten.
- With a paint brush (or cheap makeup brush) draw big circles around your eyes to create those skeletal eye sockets.
- Fill in sockets with a white cream base and then set with a white shadow.
- Add curved, skinny eyebrows just above your own eyebrows (below that will be the “lid space”) with black eyeliner.
- Add some shimmery blue cream shadow to your “lid space” and then blend some white cream to your brows to pale them out. Apply false lashes to the top of the circle eye sockets and to the bottom.
- Using a black eyeliner, create “tear drop” shaped nostrils on and around your nose.
- Using the same black eyeliner, add some exposed bone and curves to your cheeks. Add white cream to highlight the bone.
- Using a dusty mauve lip liner, line your lips outside your natural lip lines, extending outwards on the side and create an over emphasized cupids bow. Then fill in with a pink lipstick.
- Lime Crime ‘Cry Baby’ Lipstick*
- Reel FX 7-Color Professional Makeup Kit: White (used on top of blue lipstick on face)
- Rodial ‘Black’ Smokey Eye Pen
- Rodial ‘Black’ Smokey Eye Pen*
- Wet n Wild Coverall Corrector Palette: White (used as eye socket base & brow bone)
- BH Cosmetics 88 Matte Palette: White e/s (used to set eye socket base)
- Hard Candy ‘Pool Boy’ Eye Def Glitter Cream Eyeshadow
- No name lashes
- Essence Cosmetics ‘Satin Mauve’ Lip Liner*
- COVERGIRL ‘Siren’ LipPerfection Lip Colour*
What do you think of my The Corpse Bride Halloween Makeup Tutorial? Share your thoughts below!
Disclosure: Products marked with ‘*’ were provided for reviews/makeup looks.